You might not have previously given cleaning and upkeep of teddy bear much thought. However, you will need to put some time and attention into it if you want your enormous teddy bear to constantly look their best and remain in good condition.
Whether you have a modern stuffed animal made of synthetic material or a vintage stuffed animal made of natural Toy Stuffing, both need routine cleaning and careful loving care!
What types of things are capable of harming your giant teddy bear?
Four enemies can shred the bear's fur and do harm to it. These are what they are:
- Exposure To Sun - Sadly, keeping your bear near a window or in the sun's direct rays may shorten the life of its fur. This is unfortunate since it will make your giant teddy bear look dirty.
- Dust- If left unclean, it will turn your bear a nasty grey hue and get so deeply embedded that no amount of washing would be able to bring back their former beauty.
- Frequent Touching – No matter how much we want to hug and cuddle our giant teddy bear, too frequent handling can shred and weaken the fabric. Joints may also become loose, and in certain cases, limbs may even fall off.
- Microorganisms - Toy stuffing is a perfect area for insects to make their nests because they enjoy doing so in warm, dark materials. In older bears, particularly the ears and paw pads, look for signs of egg laying. Use an insecticide to treat the area if there are signs of an infestation before cleaning. This is a crucial part of caring for a teddy bear.
How Should I Take Care of My Giant Teddy Bear?
In order to prevent dust accumulation, you should wash your teddy bear frequently, such as once a month or so.
To accomplish this, carefully brush the bear with a gentle brush. Make sure to enter any crevices and joint spaces where dust may collect. The bear may maintain its finest appearance by brushing its fur. You might also employ a gentle squeeze.
Stuffed bears that are currently popular are likewise designed to be gently hand washed. Never submerge a bear in water, though; instead, gently sponge its fur. While some modern big teddy bear can be washed or soaked in the machine, I would never recommend it because the bears never look the same again.
Always dry your bear by hanging it inside a drying bag. Your bear will twist if you peg it by the ear, which will weaken the cloth. Other than that, it's not a very good situation for the bear.
On older bears, especially those made of mohair, grease accumulation can be eliminated with a bran wash. Put your bear in a plastic bag and fill it with bran, which is easily found at health food stores. Brush
Any clothing your bear is wearing should be washed by hand if they are vintage and with a mild detergent. Spread the clothing out flat to dry in order to prevent stretching.
Keep Your Jumbo Teddy safe.
There are a few things you can do to assist your enormous teddy bear look their best from cleaning.
By dressing your bear, you may prevent the color of the areas that are covered from fading. This is something that many huge teddy bear with their original vibrant color on their main body can attest to.
Keep your bear out of the sun if at all possible. Even from across the room, direct sunlight might make your bear's color fade. On sunny days, never forget to keep the drapes closed.
If you have priceless bears that you want to keep safe from danger or if you don't have enough room for all of your bears, you may wish to stow them away carefully.
- There are a few things you shouldn't do when maintaining your enormous teddy bear:
- Never place your bear inside a plastic bag. It may cause moisture to accumulate, which may encourage the development of mold.
- Wrap your bear in calico bags or white acid-free paper to protect it from dust.
- Cardboard boxes help shield your bear from bumps and bangs.